OPW Kilkenny Castle is delighted to welcome Parkrun Ireland Kilkenny a FREE timed weekly 5k run at Kilkenny Castle Park every Saturday morning at 9:30am.
Please visit http://www.parkrun.ie/kilkenny/ for full details including registration, barcode and course description.
- What is Kilkenny Parkrun? It is a 5km run – it’s you against the clock
- When is it? Every Saturday at 9:30am – start
- Where is it? Kilkenny Castle Park
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered, received your barcode and also read the course description
- What does it cost to join in? Nothing – it’s FREE! but please register before your first run. You only have to register once. Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode. If you forget it you won’t get your time!
- How fast do I have to be? Everyone runs for their own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Kilkenny Parkrun needs you! It is entirely organised by volunteers.
Email email@example.com to help.
We’re friendly! Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at Kilkenny Castle Tearooms. Please come and join us!
In December 2012 we launched the permanent Orienteering Course at Kilkenny Castle Park in association with Waterford Orienteers.
The orienteering course is open to all – families, individuals, clubs and schools. What an amazing way to explore the flora and fauna of Kilkenny Castle Park whilst enjoying the exercise in beautiful surroundings. There is also a small area of the Canal Walk involved in the courses.
To tackle your chosen distance:
- Download the map for your chosen distance (as well as the answer sheet for checking at the end);
- Find the controls in the order shown on the map;
- Complete the numbered code of the marker post in the corresponding box;
- At the end of the Course, check your answers are correct (by referring to the answer sheet);
- Good luck and enjoy!
To organise a specific event please contact:
For further information on Orienteering in the South East please visit
Waterford Orienteering (WAT-O)
Please note that Orienteering is an adventure sport that involves crossing rough and uneven terrain, tracks and paths. Please wear appropriate footwear. The Office of Public Works and WAT-O do not accept responsibility for any injuries incurred.
Markets take place in the Farmyard, a short walk from the carpark and the entrance to the main house.